Getting Closer..

11 10 2010

Well at my doctor appointment last week I was told that I would probably go with in the week, but I’m still here and I had another appointment today. Last week I found out that I was 3cm dilated and that was a big jump from the previous week of 1cm. She also stripped my membranes last week, a.k.a. separating the water sac from the side of the uterus, which is suppose to release hormones that soften the cervix to help it contract, but that didn’t do much of anything besides give me cramps.

This week I found out that I am 3.5cm dilated and 90% effaced. Not as big as a jump but still progress! She stripped my membranes some more and said that my water sac could break at any time now. They also did a head position check to make sure his head was down. They were pretty sure it was, but wanted to make sure since bottoms can be hard too. Thankfully his is in the right position, so I won’t had to have a c-section for that reason. Everything is looking good and I will hopefully go with in the next couple of days, since my due date is on Saturday. I do have an appointment set up for next week just in case, but I hope that I don’t have to go to it. I am ready to have this baby and I can’t wait to meet him and name him and be able to hold him! I am going to try and do some walking and some squats to try and speed up the wait and we will see if that does anything to help.




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: